Garry Maisel’s commitment to our communities is evident in his every action as President and CEO of Western Health Advantage (WHA).
As President, Garry has provided leadership at WHA from its start-up in 1996 to current recorded annual revenue of more than $750 million. WHA focuses on improving healthcare access and affordability and is known for developing innovative programs to expand coverage to the uninsured.
The Company’s growth and quality earned it a spot on the Sacramento Business Journal’s list of Top 50 Fasting-Growing Companies in 2011. Garry leads WHA’s growing workforce, who provide award-winning customer service to more than 130,000 members.
In addition to positioning WHA to improve access to health care, he also believes in leveraging his regional organization to support various non-profit organizations and community causes. An active community board member, Maisel currently lends his expertise and experience to:
- WEAVE (Women Escaping a Violent Environment –
current Board Chair)
- Valley Vision
- Greater Sacramento Economic Council
- Mercy Foundation
- Crocker Art Museum (current Board Secretary)
- B Street Theatre (current Board Chair)
- Mondavi Center for the Performing Arts (past Board Chair)
- California Asian Pacific Chamber of Commerce
- The University Foundation at Sacramento State
- The Chevo Foundation (current Board Vice Chair)
- Rudolf Steiner College (current Board Secretary)
- California Association of Health Plans (current Board Chair)
- Health Plan Alliance (current Board Vice Chair)
Garry holds a degree in finance and economics from Sacramento State University and has accumulated 25 years of experience in healthcare plus 10 years in the banking and finance industry, including time as the Chief Financial Officer for a regional community bank. Garry has enjoyed numerous awards including the Sacramento Metro Chamber 2010 Businessman of the Year Award, the 2011 Individual Arts Leadership of the Year Award from the Sacramento Arts & Business Council, the 2014 Executive Leadership Award from Community Link Capital Region, and the 2015 Humanitarian of the Year Award from UCP Sacramento.
Whether he is providing quality healthcare coverage to employers and individuals or providing expert council to regional non-profit organizations, Garry Maisel is perfectly suited to lead an organization committed to the people and businesses of the Sacramento and North Bay regions.